Tuesday, May 6, 2014

3 Hard Evidence (MASTERMINDS) [EN]

Since Freddy was very popular among people...All the procedure related investigation was going very fast..postmortem was also done quickly ..and reason for Freddy's death was not heart attack..he had died by consuming deadly potassium cyanide.. the crime scene was a consulting room ..that made the investigation more difficult..there were hundreds of different fingerprints present in the room..which was useless because it was a consulting room..

 There was no sign of any forced entry or tussle. DGP George told in a press meet that our initial assumption is Freddy committed suicide for some unknown reason..and we will do a detailed investigation ..and Jasim will be the officer in charge of investigation.
DGP George called Jasim into his cabin...
 George : He was very popular among people ..and he was a very young talented doctor so We need to solve this case as soon as possible..otherwise people may not sit idle..they may turn against us.. as per the circumstantial evidence... it appears to be a suicide..

 Jasim : NO.. Sir... it is a well planned murder..Sir.. I was the first officer to reach there..and I saw the crime scene first... What i understood is that just before consuming poison..he was separating and sorting out medicine boxes... Sir..  I think nobody will commit suicide while working...
George : Oh ! So you have already decided that Freddy was murdered..Now this is only between us so no problem... But you should be very careful while saying something like this..if any media people overhear us...you will be in trouble..So my advice is to Investigate it first before making any hasty conclusion...

Jasim : Yes sir.. I think you are right.. we have already sent the food and water samples collected from the Freddy's hose to lab...Results will come soon... I will start from there...

George : Best of luck..man..You really need it..so now you can go..

 Soon Lab results came..From that Jasim understood that potassium cyanide was present in the jug of water placed on the top of the dining table on the hall ...But the water sample collected from consulting room was pure clean water.. which was a shock to all ..

 In one press meeting one reporter asked a question..

 Freddy drank water with potassium cyanide from the jug placed on the dining hall & walked to consulting room and sit on the chair..and then he died.. is this what happened ? This is unbelievable..is n't it ?
Police officers were not able to answer that question..
Jasim : For the time being we don’t have enough evidence to suggest anything...we are also asking the very same question that you asked us..we can say something about it only after a thorough investigation..

Jasim said.. No comments to all other questions... and just walked away from there,,,he went to Freddy's home... He broke the seal on the lock & and removed the "DO NOT CROSS..." band and entered into the house.. ..

 Jasim found that ..there were 5 identical glasses with flower design  pesent on the top of the dining hall ..
 then Jasim thought...
Usually there will be 6 glasses in a set .. So ..here one glass is missing...!! Jasim searched for it in kitchen & other rooms..but he was not able to find it anywhere..So Jasim decided to call Achu asked him to reach there immediately.. soon Achu arrived  Freddy's home..

 Jasim : (by holding one of the glass) hey How many glasses like this were there in this house ?

Achu : 6..Why you are asking ?

Jasim : Are you sure ?..Now there is only 5 glasses are there..

Achu : How is it possible ? I am the one who cleaned 6 glasses and placed it on the top of the table


Jasim : Then I think that must be the glass Freddy used to drink the water(with cyanide)... So ..While Freddy was working, water in the consulting room was finished so he came here ,,and took a glass of water from the jug placed over here (pointing towards the dining table) and went back to consulting room & he continued his work ..after some time he drank the water mixed with cyanide and died..then glass should have fallen on the floor..either it will be hidden somewhere ..in that room or somebody took it...(while saying all this he was walking into consulting room)

When he reached near the chair..

Jasim : Freddy was left handed or right handed ?

Achu : He was left handed...Why you are asking ?

Jasim : So he was left handed.. ok...then if glass was here then it will be somewhere on the left side of this chair.. (while saying this Jasim was looking at the two big Almirahs on the left side of the chair..)

Jasim : (pointing towars one of the Almirah) You search below there.. I will search here

 They both failed to find the glass...SO with the help of Achu Jasim moved both of the Almirahs and they found the sixth glass..

Achu was stunned & his mouth was open because of the shock..then Jasim found a piece of paper there..Jasim took it and read...

  "I am having a severe headache"

  Tthere is no sign of it  "

  " My head is splitting because of pain"

   "Any way I will give you a medicine “
 after reading that Jasim asked Achu :

What is this ?

 Achu looked into it for sometime.. and told ...this is nothing sir.. there was a mute & deaf old woman patient. she "talked" to us like this ..what else can she do poor lady.. She met with an accident and caused all this.. that is what she told...I mean she wrote..Really a terrible fate it is..I think she came here only 2 or 3 times..

 She said that she was having a severe headache..but Freddy was not able to find any sign of it... and she always felt very cold...So she always wore.. gloves & socks..and she used to cover her body with a blanket..by seeing all these I felt really warm..

Jasim : Hey.. Achu.. I think ..Somebody put potassium cyanide in jug..his target was either you or Freddy..Now you have to be very careful and answer my following questions..

Achu : Ok sir.. I will Try my level best..

Jasim : Friday ..any new patients came here ?

Achu : There are some regular patients are there..but there will be new people coming here..everyday.. So I think there were few new people.

Jasim : Ok.. When did you last drink water from the jug placed on top of that dining table ?

AChu : Sir.. How can I remember that ?

Jasim : I Know ..it..We don’t remember such small things..But this question is very important...Your correct answer can take us one step closer to the murderer. You try to concentrate & think..

Achu : I think...I drank water from there at 6 O clock just before leaving to the bakery..to buy some sweets for my grandson..after that I came back by 8' O clock..by that time all the patients were gone.. At that time I was in a hurry ..So I took my bag & told Freddy that I am leaving.. and left..

Jasim : OK ..Who all were here while you were leaving for bakery ?

Achu : At that time.... only 2 or 3 peoples were there..

Jasim : Who all ?

Achu : Bhavani..Master Kumar, and... and..that old lady ... Annie..I told you earlier that mute deaf old lady.. she..her name is Annie..I think that is what she wrote on the paper..

Jasim : Annie .... that mute and deaf old woman.. 


Achu : Yes..

Jasim : Annie... How many times she came here before that ?

Achu : I think two or three..times

Jasim : come on man.. I need a clear answer..just think & tell me ..

Achu : mmm...I think 2 times...No ..I am sure she came here only 2 times..

Jasim : can you tell when it was  ?

Achu : First she came 3 days before I left for home..

Achu explained that day.....

 One completely covered figure came here and sat among the patients.. by seeing her walk I understood that it is a very old woman..I asked her name since I want to enroll her name in patience list... but it seems she didn't hear it...So I tried again..again.. still no response.. So I gently touched her ..then only she looked at me..and by gesture she made it clear that she is mute & deaf.. then I asked her can you write (by gesture).. she nodded her head..then I gave her a paper & pen..then she wrote her name as Annie..after that I told  Freddy about her.. even though he was ready to see her immediately..she had to wait for her turn because of the other patients’ protest.. after that she saw Freddy & left.. At that time they wrote in paper that is what you are holding now..

Jasim : Can you remember anything suspicious happened that day ? anything.. ? 
anything at all ?

Achu : Nothing suspicious... But.. Since you are asking me when did you drink water last time and all...I think this worth mentioning... on that day there was a small incident..I don’t know the significance of that.. still I will tell you...

 On that day Accidently one jug placed on consulting room was broken by carelessness of Freddy.. I came to know about it after sometime.. at that time..water was absorbed by the carpet...

Jasim : From that paper...I understood that Freddy told her ..that he will give the medicine..

Achu : ok.. yes.. Freddy gave her medicines for headache..medicines for common diseases are stocked in that small room..we call it medicine room (Achu was pointing the small room inside the consulting room)

Jasim : Oh My God ... On that day.. on that very day was the first attempt to murder.. On that day if that jug was not broken... either you or Freddy could have died..

Achu : So you are telling ...Annie...she killed Freddy...by putting cyanide in jug?

Jasim : She came here only twice.. she is mute..and deaf...her problem is severe headache which is not even detected by a doctor like Freddy..she lost her hearing & talking ability in an accident...and nothing happened to any other body part.. tell me in which accident it is possible ?....by all these things  I think she is the one we are looking for.. and did you notice ..that.. she was wearing gloves and socks...and she had a very strange disease that she always felt..she was freezing out of cold ..any way I am sure of one thing.. she has some connection with this murder..

Achu : On that day when I was telling Bhavani that I am leaving home on friday.. she was sitting right next to Bhavani ...

Jasim : She pretended that she was sick & compelled Freddy to go to the medicine room.. on this opportunity she put poison may be cyanide in the jug..and She thought that Freddy will die soon.. But.. Freddy was lucky at that time..Since her cover was not blown yet ..She decided to try the same trick again.. but this time Freddy didn't give her medicine instead he wrote a prescription and gave her.. So she was disappointed.. and she was walking out of the room.. then she suddenly saw the jug on the dining hall..since you left & she already knew that you will not be back for another two days..So she confirmed Freddy's death by putting cyanide in jug.

Achu : Oh My God... What a evil women she..is... Freddy was so kind to her..but she killed him .. but for what ? why ?

Jasim : We can't confirm it yet.. this is what I think that may happened.. any way I am taking this paper..We will examine this paper with a hand writing expert..then only we can decide whether she is an evil women or not..  by saying these things.. Jasim went to police station with that paper..


           BACK TO INDEX

No comments:

Post a Comment